The importance of photography SEO to your business cannot be overemphasized. It will help you attract your clients and put you in the face of potential customers. One of the best ways to attract clients is by providing pointers to your website on search engines like Google. One of the first places people visit when they are in need of answers is Google.
The idea is ensuring that your business pops up whenever a search is made in your niche. Today, there are so many tricks, tips, strategies, and guides to attracting such traffic but there are basic rules to using SEO effectively.
I have come up with a list of basic steps to efficiently developing and using photography SEO for your business. Let’s check them out together.
Optimizing your “Google My business” page
Claiming your Google “My business” page is key to making this work. Here are a few tips on how you can maximize this page:
- Write a meaningful description of what your business does. You should also add a few links to landing pages on your website.
- Look out for categories and choose the one that fits your photography business perfectly, or at least comes the closest.
- Fix in your local phone number. Make it is one that is always accessible.
- Fix in your local business address. Make sure it tallies with what is on your website and what is on other directories to which you are signed up.
- Pick out a beautiful, high-resolution photograph to use as your profile photo and get another for your cover photo. Make sure that both are a perfect representation of your business.
- State your opening and closing hours on each day of the week.
- Add some samples of your work to the page. They must be very good samples as this will serve as a mini-portfolio.
Regular business listings online
There is an acronym you will encounter when carrying out research on SEO, “NAP” and it means Name, Address and Phone Number. These three entities are your digital signature on the web so you should ensure that they are consistent. You should ensure that it is the same address on your website and it should be written in the proper markup schema. Markup schema refers to the Metadata that provides more information about what is being displayed to Google.
Google and Yelp Reviews
Reviews are very potent as they help convince potential customers of the quality of your work. They also help you build SEO for your photography website. So the deal is encouraging your clients to leave a review on your Google “My business” page or via Yelp. Just send them a link to help them make the process easier.
Using keywords on landing pages
The use of keywords is one of the most important SEO practices. To ensure that your website gains the traction it needs, simply add local keywords. You don’t need to do it indiscriminately, just add where it matters the most. Here are a few examples of where you can add the keywords:
– At the end of the SEO title
– In the meta description
– In the name of the images
– Image captions
– Page headings and sub-headings
– In the URL headings
With the above steps, you can conveniently maximize photography SEO http://www.photoproseo.com or reach out to for your business website and attract the right set of clients to grow your business.